Mission & Vision
Caring for people and connecting them to Jesus Christ by bringing hope and healing to the community through professional counseling rooted in biblical principles.
The vision of Emmaus Center for Christian Counseling is to counsel from a Christian worldview serving individuals, families, couples, and ministry leaders with affordable counseling and care. We are committed to offering hope and healing through Jesus Christ. In biblical counseling, most psychological distress is rooted in sin, and the path to healing lies in confession and repentance. As pastoral counselors, we are called to bind up the brokenhearted, proclaim freedom for the captive, and comfort those who mourn.
Emmaus desires to be an extender of the local church, offering counsel to those going through a season of difficulty. We are a support and resource for local pastors, military, medical doctors, mental health clinics, adjunct counselors to high schools and colleges and for our community. Many people desire counseling and healing offered through Jesus Christ, but they do not know where to turn, cannot afford counseling, or are unaware of available resources. Emmaus is intended to be a resource within reach of anyone who wants help.
Statement of Faith
The Scriptures, both Old and New Testament, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men, and the Divine and final authority for Christian faith and life.
- In one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- That Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He died on the cross, a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into Heaven, where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is now our High Priest and Advocate.
- That the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and, during this age, to convict men, regenerate the believing sinner, and indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service.
- That man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost, and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
- That the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only such as receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit and thus become children of God.
- That water baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances to be observed by the Church during the present age. They are, however, not to be regarded as a means of salvation.
- That the true Church is composed of all such persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the Body of Christ of which He is the Head.
Emmaus operates by nine core values. These values guide our counseling work, education, and interactions with the community and are grounded in Scripture.
Remain consistently true to the Gospel of Jesus Christ and his Word in Scripture
Engage with the local church to care for and connect clients to the body of Christ
Acts 2:42-47, Romans 12:4-5
- Ethics, Integrity, and Excellence
Maintain the ethical standards of the National Christian Counselors Association ( NCCA Code of Ethics), practicing with integrity and competency
Proverbs 11:3, Proverbs 28:6, 1 Peter 3:16
Be a resource within reach of anyone who needs help.
Philippians 2:5-8, Galatians 6:2, Proverbs 22:9
- Whole-Person Care
Serve and care for each person’s holistic health – spiritual, mental, relational, physical, and emotional health and wellness.
Matthew 22:36-39, Matthew 14:14-21
- Distinctively Christian
We support the church by thoroughly integrating Scriptural truth and clinical practice, inviting those we work with to a deeper dependence on Jesus Christ.
We provide a safe therapeutic environment by valuing privacy and trust.
We enter deeply into the lives of those in pain and crisis, leading them to a greater capacity to love and be loved.
We offer the highest quality of care at reasonable rates by partnering with counselors committed to both therapeutic excellence and personal growth.
We uphold these core values to fulfill our mission: